Sunday, September 20, 2009

It'll all end in tears..

as my time in the UK comes to an end I come to reflect on my experiences this time around. Each trip 'home' has been different and this time no exception. Arriving in rather a fragile state although pre warned I am not sure my family and friends were really sure of what to make of the emotional, hurt and unsettled person that came back. But I have been blessed with wonderful friends and family who have welcomed me, supported and loved me. Looking back now I feel so much stronger and have reclaimed back a part of me I had forgotten for a while. But I can't help but chuckle of the ever repeating cycles of my life, the cat and mouse chase for male attention, getting stuck in a job where I resent being over worked and under paid, acting the lost and helpless girl, giving away my self to a beautiful yet selfish boy.....

I spent some amazing time and developed a good relationship with my cutesy niece, become better friends with my sister, got to enjoy my mum and dad and playing daughter, and catch up with my bestest besties.

As I prepare to pack my most sparkly outfits and wigs for Japan and the spectacular Hoop Empire DVD launch with dreams of hoops and mowhawks and glitter I can't help but get a tear in my eye, so sad to be leaving, but also so excited for the next adventure ahead, so frustrated with my deep in-ground fears and securities and so liberated by how far I have come. I came in tears and I will no doubt leave in them as well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment