Wednesday, September 23, 2009

She works hard for the money

.... so hard for it honey....

boy have I been working hard the past couple of months. Having never worked this hard or this many hours I suddenly realised that I have had it pretty good for most of my working life. the reason I am putting in the hours is more to do with a promise I made to do my best and give my all but imagine if I had to throw in fear losing my job .... it's enough to push someone over the edge. With now only a week left at my current employment and an extra day before I leave for Japan there is a mix of both excitement and fear and I am sure I would be riding the emotional wave if not for being at work for 12 out of the 15 hours I am awake each day but it's crazy... is this how it would be living and working in the UK??? I doubt it very much no normal person could do what I am doing at the moment and still lead a normal life. It's made me think - actually no scrap that - i don't even have to think about it anymore..... I can give my every waking hour to a job but it's got to be something worth giving your life too, something to inspire. Don't get me wrong I am not hating this current job - I'm actually enjoying some aspects of it..... if only I didn't have to rely on others to meet my targets and deadlines .... humph but I am learning and even though the temper flares every now and then I am master of the anger within. I'm discovering skills I forgot I had, I'm a great planner and organiser and at times a good motivator and mentor. I'm creative and tackle issues with enthusiasm ..... shit man I'm on fire

No comments:

Post a Comment