Monday, August 16, 2010

Are you... you know..... 'THE ONE'

I don't know why.
I've got it so bad.
But somehow I got.
Out of a fry'n pan.

...What I want to know is ...
Are you, are you the one

As the song goes through my head I ask myself what is all the hang up with looking for the one. For most of my adult life and probably whilst growing up I have been looking for 'the one', and with every twist and turn of my pretty un-fulfilling love life building the expectation into an unachievable/unrealistic fantasy.

The night I told Bob I thought he was the the one was the end of our relationship - yes we dragged it out for another month maybe two but it was never the same. As the relationship deteriorated before my eyes, my heart crumbled into a million pieces and I eventually accepted that he was in love with someone else I swore I would never fall in love again. What a load of bollocks - there is no such thing as 'the one'.

But as it happens he was the one. The one who crushed my fantasy, who tipped me over the edge and left me to free fall in to a world where I am learning to love and respect myself, to let go of my hang ups, face and deal with my issues. During the past year and bit there have been other ones - ones that have loved me unconditionally and supported me, ones who have picked me up from the gutters of Thailand, ones who have held my hand down the road of self and sexual discovery and ones who have made me smile inside and out.

So I haven't given up - I'm still looking for the one. Everyday some 'one' who can show me and share with me love , joy , passion, laughter and themselves which I in return can share with another some 'one'.

No comments:

Post a Comment